BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chapter Four: Sing a Song of...

Sing a song of sixth sense
And a bucket full of sighs
Four and plenty absurds
Falsehoods, bluffs and lies

When the eyes were opened
The truth began to stink
Wasn’t that a dainty way
To break the way I think?

I was in the counting house
Counting all the funnies
You were in the parlour
Bright cheer and sunny

Wasn’t it you in the garden
Doing goodness knows
Then came crawling a centipede
And bit you on your toes

There was such a doodle
That this poor wretched wren
Had to come and labour
To soothe them back again

And for all my soulful efforts
She gave me with her hand
Nothing but a heavy bag
In which was only sand

So I thought to pull her nose off
And run away with it
But in the end my conscience won
For all the good it did.

2 comments:

  1. heh. this one also very ambiguous! do tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... actually i had the sing a song of sixpence rhyme in my head for ages so i thought to play around with it... was talking about someone i knew back in secondary school... XD

    ReplyDelete