BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chapter Twenty One: Birds Flock Together, Not Of A Feather.

I sat there watching
Bright hope, shining stars
And I feel so empty
I haven’t gone that far

And I watch your talents
I know, I have none
And I feel so empty
Only doing things for fun

Why is there a chasm
Over which I stand
Never only on either bank
One foot in both lands

Fiery words all
I’ve heard them before
Set fire on dry kindling
To inspire us more

Where, where
Is the recognition
That strong sense of pride
Why, why only confusion?

Where should I be
In this vast space on earth
Fit into a pigeon hole
Prepared from my birth?

Tell me why I feel lost then
When flocking a-feather
Why I am separated
Even as I stand together

Where are my roots
Neither here nor there
Please, someone tell me
Someone, just tell me where...

1 comment: