BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chapter Thirty-two: Says the Reed to the Shell, and likewise.

Said the reed to the shell
You look nothing like me
Get away for a spell
Till you’ve changed completely

Said the shell to the reed
What do you know of substance
When you won’t look inside
At my brains for instance

Said the reed to the duck
Why have you an appetite
For mollusks of the sort
It doesn’t look right

Said the duck to the reed
That you wouldn’t know
Cause you’re you anyway
With your opinions so low

Said the shell to the reed
Here I opened myself wide
But what did you do
You threw sand inside

Said the duck to the shell
It will be alright
Give it some time
And then together we’ll fight

Said the shell to the duck
Don’t know if I can
My shell is fragile
How much can it stand

Said the duck to the shell
You must try anyway
I’ll broaden my wings
And you sandpaper away

Said the shell to the duck
I’ll try for your sake
Let’s hope we won’t lose
Everything that’s at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment