BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 2, 2009

raindrops were falling on my head...

...but that doesnt mean my eyes will soon be turning red, nor my nose runny, nor my throat sore... (i know of someone who'll be giving me his =.= look if he sees this. heehee. XD)

after a tiring new year, (no, that was no holiday) i'm back here in my box, high up in the heart of kay elle city. just after disembarking from the plane, i was remarking how different the weather was from kuching; its been raining daily since way before CNY back over there. so after a few days of deliriously cool and chilly weather there you can imagine my dismay when i stepped out the plane just to encounter the burning rays of the sun piercing through my jacket.

strangely though, the weather took a complete turnabout at about 5-ish. first, i heard thunder rolling, not too far a distance away, but i dismissed it as the rumblings of a false promise, so two of us blithely strolled to mcd for dinner and took our sweet time grocery digging at giant's. however, at 8-ish, two of us noticed with dismay that the rains'd started pouring heavily. neither of us were inclined to run in the rain, so we decided to head back to mcd's for a round of coke and ice cream to wait it out. and so, back we went. ice cream ordered, coke ordered. talk, talk, talk. finished coke, finished ice cream. the heavens poured on. in the end we made our minds to make a dash for it, and were giggling and laughing like mad while running helter skelter through the rain. i quote my companion: 'let this be one of those stupid things you do in university.' i agree. XD. amidst complaints about how the rain'd ruined our hair and clothes (R-lliteration) we reached the boxes, and that was the end of that little night adventure. hahaa...

i miss my dog. i cant put the pitiful expression on his face when i walked out the front door and he knew he couldnt follow out of my mind. i recall the heartbreaking sound of his whining and whimpering; i cant help but feel a little tug on my heart when my mum tells me of how he searches for me in my room, in the study, then climbs up back into my room to mope when he cant find me. i want to experience again the joy of having him greet me at the doorstep when i come home, with his wildly wagging tail tickling my feet, his body wriggling all over me, excited yips of happiness and lots of licking to tell me how much he missed me; the helpless laughter and feeling of not knowing whether to laugh or cry when i open the toilet door to see his two front paws wet and hopelessly dirtied right after i've given him a bath. or falling asleep in my own bed with him curled up into a warm furry ball against my back. sigh. poor boy. i'll be back soon, okay? it's just a few more months.

what sweet irony. when i'm here, i miss the little guy back home, that wriggly mischiveous little ball of fur that i cant stop talking about when i'm here. yet, when i'm back there, all i want to do is come back here, for the sound of another voice, the sight of another face. either way, wherever i am, i'll be missing someone hard (and vice versa). what's a girl to do? double sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment