BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 29, 2009

geniuses have talent, but talents dont make a genius.

here i am, tapping away at these keys again in the wee hours of dawn, high up in a box not my own.

i wonder if students're put in university just to be tortured? with the amount of assignments they heap onto us, you'd think they believe we need less than our purported 8 hours of sleep. not that many of us do, but yeah, still. apart from that, an impeccable internet connection is indispensable to us students (for the explicit purposes of searching for silly journals and contacting your groupmates), but you think the smartasses in TM realise that? damn right they dont.

these days, sometimes i find myself wondering what the heck i'm doing here, instead of tucking myself away in some antique university slogging my way through shakespeare, jonson, and the rest of the literati. strangely though, i feel a violent disinclination at any thought of giving up with tail tucked and going elsewhere. i refuse to give up. even if i have to kill myself (i havent tried yet, really) to at least get stats down my throat, i will.

the jester once said he thinks my passion isnt for psychology, and right he is. Z too, said he felt that i'm more of a liberal arts person, whilst S tells me that i really should study literature. i like pysch well enough though; have pretty much found myself through its windows, and had some questions answered. just last week, we discovered an interesting theory talking about different types of intelligence. in which case, i'd think i possess linguistic intelligence, but am sorely lacking in analytical, logical intelligence. that very same day, miss Y'd brought us through the chapter on arts... i guess i kinda underestimated how much i missed literature, and the arts.

all these thoughts've been flying around my head for the semester, and i answer a resolute no, whenever the idea of quitting rears its ugly head. reason? i may not be doing brilliantly where i am now, but i've learnt lessons and patterns of thinking that i appreciate and value very very much. i dont think i could've learned these elsewhere; it just has to be that perfect combination of circumstances. also, though i've been blessed with some little talent here and there, is it enough? no. never enough. talent isnt genius. so here, i refuse to take up any of the arts i love but cannot excel in, and risk being mediocre. i'd rather be ordinary, but have my little talents, than attempt to shine my poor little torch at the sun and have its brilliant rays overpower me and mine till i cant be seen anymore.

sigh. i'll honestly admit that my despondent mood comes from the monday deadline for 106 (the worst subject ever), and add the fact that ebsco's giving me trouble as usual... never mind, i'll write off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment